Monday, April 14, 2008

Throughways....

I love the billboards that Felix Gonzalez-Torres did ( I believe he was granted spaces throughout NYC via MOMA)... the images below got me thinking in response to your suggestion that we co-apply to the Bronx Museum. I also like that we could start in areas that are deamed "depressed" and think on what that means. Why are the areas "depressed?" Cleaning the cars, stations, and other throughways of this city is something that I definitely think is very worth while and I love working on it with you... it's exciting to consider also having an opportunity to clean up some "ad" spaces as well... (also something that I've wanted to do for some time! Love the "co-incidences!") Would love to adjoin this to our dialogue for prospective opportunities!

Looking forward to our performance this Thursday and then taking a look at what we need to do to go further with conversations allready started by other artists and our current situation(s) at hand (and glove) as guides. ... always a little further...

ad vert
ad join
ad junct
ad verse
A.D. ...space

These spaces belong to all of us don't they? That's what I love about Felix's work... he saw the very important issues he was dealing with (consumption, mortality, and aids...) as everyone's issue. I feel that a lot of what he did was very correct as well as beautiful and subversive.

Let's do it lady!

No comments: